Friday, January 25, 2013

Taking Care of M.E

Happy New Year!

It's been a while. I can't promise that I'm going to blog once a month or all year, but I will try. A lot has happened in the last year since I blogged, I've lost a number of people, I got married and plenty more but won't bug you with the details.. I should have blogged about it.

One major lesson I learned in 2012: Life is short. You'd think that we all know it but it's not until you lose someone close to you, a young person that had so much potential and plans for his life that you begin to realize that maybe this life IS really short and the earlier you accomplish it, the better. My 26 years old friend accomplished almost everything he wanted to in life, he might not have finished it but he definitely started and that's more than I can say for a few people, myself being number 1. I have so much I want to do with my life but procrastination and fear hold me back. My friend taught me that it didn't matter if you failed or if someone said no to you, you don't take a moment to get upset or depressed, you simply pick yourself back up and start all over again. He was such a rare gem and I miss him every single day.

So this year, I decided I was going to take care of me.  No one else can take care of me, no one else can make me happy if I'm not happy within myself. Also being a newly wed, inwards happiness is a big thing to me. There are some days I'm in a funk and no matter how many jokes my funny hubby cracks, it doesn't make a difference if I'm not ready to laugh which in turn affects him and affects us and let's not even go into all that. 

I don't make New Year's resolutions cause once the excitement of the new year fades, so do the resolutions. I have however, decided to change a few things about myself this year... I think I can achieve some things in 365 days. The most important to me of all my changes.... Be Happy. 


I can't wait to see what 2013 holds for myself, family and friends.  


"Learning How To Live.... The Best Is Yet To Come"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back! :) Yes the best is yet to come!